You wouldn’t buy the first house you see. You shop around for your electronics. It only makes sense that you want to hire an accountant who meets your business needs. As a business owner you want someone who understands what it means to be a business owner. Sitting at the dinner table on Saturday night, mind wandering to the upcoming week and how to get more customers to walk through your door. Will the road sign you put up work? When is my HST due? These thoughts have also gone through Jim’s head. That’s part of what makes him a better accountant than most.
- Chartered Professional Accountant James Walker has his practice located in Mississauga, Ontario. If your business is located in the western suburbs of Toronto (Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Brampton, Georgetown, Milton, etc), Jim’s offices are easier to get to than if you have to travel to Toronto. This means it will save you time – and time is money!
- You will actually get to meet with Jim Walker. When you come for your free initial consultation you will sit down with Jim to discuss your situation. This means you will get the full benefit of meeting with the actual accountant who will be doing the work for you. You will also receive the benefit of speaking with a qualified accountant who has experience in advising business owners.
- Jim is a phone call or email away. If he isn’t busy he can take your call to answer a quick question and will get back to you by email in a timely manner. It’s important to have good lines of communication with your accountant.
- Jim Walker has vast, hands on experience. He has worked with restaurant owners, retail shops of all kinds, a wide variety of real estate agents and contract workers. He has helped them through all kinds of situations and will bring that knowledge and experience to the table when speaking with you regarding your business.
- He has owned and operated more than one business. Jim owned a company that manufactured carpets before opening his accounting practice. This means that he understands how a business works – from the inside. He’s been there, right where you are right now.
- He has worked for a huge, multinational firm. When Jim graduated and received his CA designation, he worked for more than one accounting firm. He has dealt with hue companies and was able to implement the proper structures. Therefore no job is too big or too small!
- He has run a business out of his house. His wife works with him. Both of those things can be difficult at times. You will be able to speak with him about the pros and cons of these types of situations and you can count on him to have real life experience to draw on.
- It matters to him. He wants to see you succeed. As an entrepreneur himself, he gets a personal satisfaction when he sees a business that is flourishing. He will do everything in his power to help you on the path to success.
- Jim is trustworthy. You can count on him to do the right thing. He will never steer you in the wrong direction. That’s important because when you are seeking financial advice, you want to make sure that person won’t leave something important out (or omit anything). When it comes to things like proper accounting procedures, James Walker will do it right. The first time!
- He understands that things happen. Things like the economy, seasonality, problem workers, stress, divorce, new baby, life. Sometimes things slip out of your control. It’s happened to Jim too. He will understand – just talk to him.
Wondering if Jim Walker is the right accountant for you? Call (905) 272-4000 for your FREE initial consultation and find out.