Hiring an accountant is one of the best as well as biggest decisions you can make for your business. Hiring a great accountant will improve your chances of business success. Hiring an accountant that doesn’t meet your needs at the very least will leave more questions than answers and might even cost you money – or time.
There are many different accountants, all with different designations and even points of view. Some accountants specialize in specific industries or specific areas of accounting (audits, taxes, etc). Make sure you find the accountant that matches your needs!
- Where are you located?
- Is there a charge for my initial consultation?
- What should I bring to my initial consultation?
- What types of services do you offer?
- What designations and licenses do you have?
- What types of experience in which industries do you have?
- How long have you been running your accounting practice?
- How often do you upgrade your continuing education?
- How do you calculate your fees?
- Can I call you with a question or do I need an appointment? Do you answer questions by email?
- Do you work with home based businesses?
- Are you accepting new clients?